A Site for Photographers by Photographers

Community > Forums > photo.net > Labs > Where to develop Kodak disc...

Where to develop Kodak disc film negatives (from 80's)?

Ann Burke , Jun 06, 2000; 05:48 p.m.

Years ago (around 1984) I owned a Kodak disc camera. Recently I found some of my negatives from back then. I thought maybe Wolf Camera might be able to process the negatives for me but no such luck, and the clerk said he didn't have any idea who might still have the capability. (I did a search for possibilities online, didn't find any but in doing so, happily found this very informative site.) Anybody have the same experience or have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help!


Dan Sapper , Jun 06, 2000; 06:17 p.m.

Rocky Mountain Film Lab advertises capability to do disc film. Here is their website URL with specific information how to obtain their services. http://www.rockymountainfilm.com/c41.htm

Jeffrey Rodgers , Jun 06, 2000; 09:42 p.m.

Just my opinion, but unless these pictures have sentimental value I wouldn't bother with them. I had a disc camera and was very unhappy with the quality of the prints (very grainy).

Ann Burke , Jun 07, 2000; 03:36 a.m.

Hi again, and thanks for the replies. I will check that link. Yes, they are mostly just for sentimental value, they are of my 8th grade class trip (that's goin waaaaaaaaaay back). The original pictures from the negatives are long gone who knows where. It doesn't matter to me much about the quality, just that I have them for the memory : )
Hopefully it won't cost too much if I can get them processed!

Scott Eaton , Jun 07, 2000; 01:47 p.m.

Kodak disk film is nothing more than typical C-41 film cut in the shape of a circle. We used to process this stuff back at my old pro lab by clipping the film to a 4x5 rack and processing it in our regular dip-n-dunk. Quality with the disk format is marginally better than a 110.

"Gonna getcha with the Kodak disk"

Katherine Buneta , Apr 16, 2001; 10:53 p.m.

Believe it or not, the outlab my store uses ( a kodak outlab) can process disc film! I work for a Ritz Camera in NY.. But not all Ritz's send to the same outlab... Either way, if you contact Kodak they should find one of there labs somewhere that can process it for ya!

Shawndra Langwell , Sep 28, 2002; 04:43 a.m.

I have recently found a Keystone disc camera that my grandfather had given me with film in it. I have been looking everywhere to find a place that would develop it! I'm glad I found this site, maybe it will help me!

June Brooks , Jan 06, 2004; 01:47 p.m.

Dwaynes Photo in Parsons,KS still processes disc film on a daily basis. For only $9.00 per Disc and includes the shipping in the price. Give them a call 800-522-3940 or this is their address: Dwayne's Photo PO Box 692 / 415 S 32nd St Parsons, KS 67357. Just send your check or money order with your discs to them and they will develop and send them back to you.I would recommend a padded envelope so the film does not rip out of a regular envelope and get lost.

stephanie pease , Feb 23, 2004; 01:13 p.m.

Also Film Rescue. They are out of North Dakota. They Charge $10 if there is anything on there. Their Phone number is 1-800-329-8988 and their website http://www.filmrescue.com/ for more info.

Back to top

Notify me of Responses