A Site for Photographers by Photographers

Featured Equipment Deals

Nikon D810 versus D750: Which to Choose? Read More

Nikon D810 versus D750: Which to Choose?

Both the Nikon D810 and D750 are excellent FX-format DSLRs. Shun Cheung compares the two models to help you choose which one is the right choice for you.

Latest Equipment Articles

The Week in Photography News Read More

The Week in Photography News

March 28 - April 3, 2015: Hear the latest goings-on in the photography world, from product releases to event and campaign announcements and more.

Latest Learning Articles

Manual Mode Photography Read More

Manual Mode Photography

Your DSLR can take outstanding photos on its own in auto mode, so why would you want to switch to manual? This video tutorial will explain the reasons why as a photographer you might want full manual...

Photo book with board pages

Brenda Lyne , Nov 04, 2008; 09:02 p.m.


I am looking for a place where they make the photo books with thick hard pages. Does anyone know about this?


Sam Ellis , Nov 04, 2008; 09:06 p.m.

Check out the Photobook by Zookbinders. They're pretty sweet. They're not inflexible hard pages, but they're not paper either. I would say they're the thickness of two postcards.

A. J. Jacobs , Nov 04, 2008; 09:08 p.m.

Do you mean kind of like how they make baby/ children books, with the hard pages? I googled it and found a few options, but I don't know the quality...

John Givens - Virginia , Nov 04, 2008; 09:38 p.m.

If you're a pro photographer, you can establish an account and deal directly with any of the album companies - most of whom now offer flush-mount albums with stiffer pages, some stiffer than others. Some we use, and like: - Zookbinders (Zookbook (stiff) or Photobook (more flexible - as Sam says, above)) www.zookbinders.com

- Leather Craftsmen - the 3500 is beautiful. www.leathercraftsmen.com

- Tuscany Albums: www.tuscanyalbums.com

- Finao albums: www.finaoonline.com

- Graphistudio: www.graphistudio.com

There are many others.

Assuming you're talking about a magazine-style album, you can design it yourself, outsource the design, or have the album company design the album page layouts from the images you send.

If you're not a pro photographer and you want a high-quality album, you likely will want to talk with an album design studio about the options they offer. Some do design-only (getting it printed and bound=problem), others will design the pages and then have it printed and bound.

We do that (design/print/bind). If you have the high-resolution images from your wedding and a release from your photographer to use them, we'lll custom design an album and have it printed and bound by any of the top album companies once you approve the design.

Advice, options, and other info: www.storybookpages.com

George Joell , Nov 05, 2008; 01:13 a.m.

Yes, you can go to CVS or Walgreens to get something like what you are asking. You can also go to your local Pro Photographer and have him/her produce one for you.

Adam Middleton , Nov 05, 2008; 09:42 a.m.

If you are in the UK, or wish to deal with a UK firm, Loxley Colour's Bellissimo photobooks offer silver prints flushmounted on board pages. As mentioned above, they tend to deal with trade customers rather than the general public. www.loxleycolour.com

Back to top

Notify me of Responses